Sunday, July 16, 2006

PARABLE! a comic anthology

I've been asked to contribute to a comic anthology called "Parable". It's going to be a Christian world view comic so it may not be for everyone, but it's one that I'm looking forward to seeing completed. They are trying to go for a "FLIGHT" feel and the linup of creators is quite interesting. Very indy feeling (except me), but in a good way! (You know what I mean by that, you know you do...they can draw!) Check out the bios of some of the folks involved and go to their websites: http://www.parablecomic.com/creator-bios/.

I'm trying to squeeze in time to do a 8 page story for it. I'm excited about it because my pally Rob Corley wrote the story and I'm illustrating it. We've never done that before since we are both artists and when I've done comics in the past, they were stories I wrote. It's a story that has a lot of fun to it and has a good message too. I'm hoping to post some of the development of the pages as I do them, but not enough to give away the story too much. (I want you all to buy this thing when it comes out!) More soon.

10 comments:

sushipajamas said...

sqweeeee! i can comment again!

yeah i found out about this a souple of weeks ago, and was thinking of submitting something. the thought is still on my mind...still thinking...

but i did recognize over half the people on the list so far... ^^) and sooo...thats what you and rb look like.. ^_^

ok, time to get back to work.

lydia

Heath said...

You and Rob are such a great team! I'm sure it will be awesome. I hope we can see something soon.

Randy said...

Can't wait, Tom! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

I don't think I'm officially "in" yet, but I'm working on a submission as well. You can see some of it over on my blog.

~R

Tom Bancroft said...

OOps! "passiongreek", you forgot to use your fake "accent" above. AND you didn't do your online translation trick on the post before that! Shame, shame. Come on guys, if you're gonna use false names and fake languages, at least be consistant! While you're at it, go bother someone that WANTS to debate you.

Brian Growe said...

Awesome sketch! Thundercats, Ho!

sushipajamas said...

whoa whoa whoa..."false names and fake languages..." i'm lost...but i think i remember something like that. you guys are wacky. and i mean that in a good way ^^)

Anonymous said...

Boyrobo wrote it and you're going to draw it? Sounds like a real winner! I can hardly wait to see this!

Anonymous said...

Will there be any talking veggies or "superheros"? Or does it have enough fiction?

Enzo Avolio said...

Sounds like a very exciting time for you.
I love you're sketches.
Many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Your drawings are great Tom!
Oh, and you too Rob!
U-guys are great! You both
Rock!
Excellent!

Absolutly great, Tom. Way to go!

Can I get an autographed copy?
U-guy's could both sign it!
No hurry.
Tell us when it's out!